Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Life List Day 239 - Whip Up Dr. Oz's Green Drink

I was watching Oprah the other day, and her health expert, Dr. Oz, recommended a green drink that he blends himself. Oprah tried it and called it, "a glass of fresh."

Today, I decided to whip up a glass of my own.

I went online and the ingredients were posted, but not the amounts, so I had to wing it. Here's the recipe:

Dr. Oz's Green Drink

celery
spinach
cucumber
apple
ginger
parsley
lemon

He said toss them in a blender and blend (I took the liberty of assuming I was supposed to peel the apple, ginger and cucumber, and include only the juice of the lemon).

Apparently, Dr. Oz has a much better blender than me. I just had a bunch of dry veggies spinning around in the blender. I tried adding water. Then I had wet veggies spinning around.

I pulled them out, put them in a food processor.

Hmmph. Just a bunch of wet chopped up veggies.

I thought I might take a swig anyway - just to see if it was just an ugly, chunky glass of fresh - but my son cried out, "Don't drink that!" with such passion, I found myself dumping it down the sink before I even thought it through.

Ah well.

2 comments:

Livingsword said...

Hi Jill…as you said….

“I found myself dumping it down the sink”

I thought that is exactly what you should do with Oprah’s suggestions (note to all you Oprah lovers I am talking about her ideas not her person).

lol

Anonymous said...

If im in the situation of the owner of this blog. I dont know how to post this kind of topic. he has a nice idea.