Friday, July 6, 2007

Life List Day 109 - Lunch at Tender Greens...and a Stolen Table



I met the gals today for lunch at Tender Greens in Culver City, a great little place that serves local, organic salads and lunch plates.

What I enjoy about this restaurant is that the food actually tastes like food. I had the chinese chicken salad and - instead of being lettuce drowned in some overly-sweet dressing - the dressing was light, and I could actually taste the spicy greens they used. My friend ordered a salad with heirloom tomatoes so juicy and bright they looked like candy.

We sat on an outside patio and had a lovely lunch. After our plates were cleared and we were sipping our iced teas, a busboy came up and told us they needed our table for a party of seven.

It was a bit strange - I've never been so hastily disposed of at a restaurant - but we figured it's a busy place, so we moved to a table in the front for a few minutes until we were ready to leave.

Before driving home, I decided to hit the restroom. As I did, I passed the guy who kicked us off our table for that "party of seven" which, as it turned out, WAS HIM!!

I suppose a better woman would have been appalled, perhaps complained to management. I just laughed, reported back to my friends (who also laughed)..and then I paid my friend Mary Jo a dollar to go take his picture.

Here he is:



I can hardly begrudge him the table - he looks so happy!

5 comments:

Epoch [z] said...

Haha interesting. People do make a life a little easier to handle with their antics.


~Epoch [z]

sramosobriant said...

Yeah, but he had bumped three previous women so we could have that table in the first place (and they were just diving into their scrumptious salads). I thanked those women, (who were very pleasant considering having to haul their greens to another table), and practically kissed the busboy's sturdy knuckles. He made my day. I thought it was so responsible, so beyond the usual busboy job description, I tipped him $2. Didn't realize it was all in a day's work for them.

AZZITIZZ said...

JILL, LOVE YOUR BLOG. HOPE YOU DON'T MIND, BUT YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED. SEE MY SITE TO SEE WHAT TO DO NEXT. (IT WAS GETTY72's FAULT!)
:)

Mike Minzes said...

I'm enjoying this blog very much!!!

Have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the owner of this blog. Ive enjoyed reading this topic.