Friday, April 6, 2007

Life List Day 19 - Going to the Mattresses




I finally watched The Godfather. I've somehow managed to go my whole life (well, since 1972) without seeing it - even though every boyfriend/husband I've ever had has been obsessed with it. Even though I've actually quoted lines from it (see "to the mattresses" above). Even though when I heard about the time my brother put a bloody deer head in a co-worker's locker in retaliation for a practical joke, I knew exactly what it meant.

I even once read a book at the recommendation of a friend, Take the Cannoli, by public radio's Sarah Vowell, a title I knew to be a reference to the movie - I just didn't know how.

So today I saw it. All I can say: it was no Pride & Prejudice, but I can see why it's a classic. More graphic than I expected, although I'm not sure what I expected - Mary Poppins?

This was my #1 movie I felt I needed to see.

What's yours?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PULP FICTION!!!

Anonymous said...

Gone With the Wind

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.