Saturday, April 14, 2007

Life List Day 26 - Write a Letter of Gratitude to My Oldest Friend

I've known my friend Linda Keathley Stamey since I was 10, making her my oldest friend that I still keep in touch with (and by oldest, I mean length of friendship, not age, although she is four months my elder, and that's pretty darned elderly). Anyway, Linda was smart and cool - and I was extraordinarly weird - but she was still nice to me. I don't get around to talking to her often, but I'm really grateful for her friendship. Today I wrote her a letter telling her so. The only thing I wonder: what took me so long?

Question: Who is your oldest friend?

(Oh, and Day 27?: blowing off my big to-do list of chores and instead taking a big, fat 3 HOUR nap in the middle of the day - and I NEVER nap!!)

2 comments:

colorfulpen said...

Hey Jill,

I finally got my life list posted on my blog. I'm excited about it! I think I'll post it on my Myspace page, too.

As for your question. My oldest friend that I keep in touch with is Nicky. We met in high school. I was a junior and she was a freshman-an Army brat who came in the middle of the year. I still remember the day we met like it was yesterday. I'd just finished PE and was in the dressing room. She came in and asked if anyone had 'B' lunch. No one answered her. I had B lunch so I told her that I did. She asked if she could sit with me because she didn't like the girls she'd been sitting with. We hit it off and that was that. Although she lives in Florida now and I'm in Texas, she visits when she can and we talk all the time.

It's good to let your friends know you're grateful for them.

Anonymous said...

To the owner of this blog, how far youve come?