Friday, May 4, 2007

Life List Day 47 - Lrn 2 txt

I've always been among the cellularly impaired - I have a cellphone, but it's one of those cheap pay-as-you-go ones, and I rarely use it. Today, I decided I'd learn to send and retrieve text messages because, frankly, it's embarrassing that I can't.

My son taught me, and - although forced to face the shame of having a mother who doesn't know how to text - he was nonetheless a patient and kind teacher.

Alexander Graham Bell made the first landline phonecall in history with the simple message, "Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you."

I texted myself: "I am so cool."

When I retrieved my first text message, I gave such a yelp of pride, I nearly fell off my dinosaur.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If im in the situation of the owner of this blog. I dont know how to post this kind of topic. he has a nice idea.