Thursday, May 17, 2007

Life List Day 60 - Kick the Junk for a Day



I admit it: I'm a sugar addict. Trying to lose a few pounds, I swept the house of all sugar, except for my son's ice cream in the freezer (which isn't a temptation since I'm lactose intolerant).

Yesterday, I thought I'd try to give sugar up for a while. I didn't even make it until 3 before I melted the ice cream in the microwave so I could dig out the (non lactose) cookie dough pieces and chocolate chips - which, by the way, really pissed off my son when he went to eat his ice cream later and it was a strange consistency and void of any goodies.

I realized I'd need to take drastic action: making "give up sugar for 24 hours" once of my life list items.

So that's what I'm doing today. It's past 9:30 PM, and I'm confident the coast is clear. I've already brushed my teeth. I'm snuggled in bed. My willpower is strong, and I've already eaten all fun stuff out the ice cream anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the owner of this blog. Ive enjoyed reading this topic.