Saturday, May 12, 2007

Life List Day 55 - Chinese Fire Drill

Remember those?

As today's task on my life list, I introduced them to my son, Dan, and his friend, Dan.

He'll need to know this. Today was his 15th birthday. In a year he'll be driving and - besides doing donuts - what could be a more important skill?

I was kind of wimpy about it (didn't want to get the boys in trouble), but it was the thought that counted. We stopped in a long driveway and - as Chinese Fire Drill rules dictate - threw open the car doors, ran around the car in clockwise order to return to our seats, then drove on.

The boys really got into the spirit of things, and I harkened back to a time when I'd do it at a traffic light in a busy intersection, 3 a.m., a mob of people in the car and, typically, one somehow left behind.

Ah, those were the days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heee!
I had never heard of these in the remote locations of Costa Rica and PerĂº. Must try now...

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thats all.