Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Life List Day 59 - With God as My Witness, I Will Finish Reading Gone With the Wind Today!


I started reading it April 30 as part of my life list. Today I will finish. I'm on page 909 out of 1037, so I'm in the home stretch.

I giggle every time I get to a famous line...

"With God as my witness, I will never go hungry again!"

"Miss Scarlet, I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no babies."

And I can't wait to get to the infamous, "My dear, I don't give a damn."

The strangest thing to me is how I got so absorbed into this portrait of the South that - at one point - I found myself worried when it appeared that some KKK members might be harmed. I had to go rinse my brain out with soap to rid myself of that point of view.

Well, I could go on and on, but I have reading to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thats all.