Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Life List Day 66 - Meet Five "Regular" People and One Celeb

Every year I help put together The Diamond Awards, an awards ceremony that honors companies that promote ridesharing. At these events, I usually only talk to staff - it's my job to make sure everything happens on time. There's no time to be friendly to attendees.

That's what I tell myself, but really, I'm just shy. I hate networking.

Today, I made it a goal to meet five people - any five people attending that I'd never met before.

It was actually easier than I thought. I just marched up, said hi, how are you? having a good time? how's your rideshare program? and they were more than glad to gab away.

As for the celebrity: Huell Howser - host of PBS's California Gold, Visiting and Downtown - was a special guest speaker. He's so darned friendly it's almost hard to avoid him, but I still might have if I hadn't been riding high on all my mingling. So I introduced myself and got a photo taken that I can add to my Wall of Fame, alongside my pic of me with Donny Osmond.

P.S. I'll post the Huell Howser photo soon; however, due to an unfortunate perm (mine), I may never post that Donny shot.

2 comments:

Klaudia Sosa SanRomán said...

Nice post

:)

Greeting from México

:)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thats all.