Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Life List Day 65 - Woo Hoo! Last Minute Tickets to See The American Idol Finale Dress Rehearsal



At 11:30 today I got an email from a ticket company I'd registered with back in January: If I could be at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood by 1:00, I could be in the audience of the dress rehearsal of the American Idol finale.

It was impossible, of course. It would easily take me an hour to get to Hollywood - and that's if traffic was light, which it never is. I was still in my sweats. I had a script due for an event tomorrow.

So naturally, I threw on clothes, jumped into my car, and raced like a madwoman to try and make it - and I did!

Even though I was there by myself, it was still fun. I bonded with a group (gaggle?) of twelve-year-old girls, and was seated third row center. Not bad for freebie tickets. I have to say, the Kodak Theater is beautiful. Ryan Seachrest was chatty and adorable. I actually preferred the fake judges they had sitting in for Ryan, Paula and Simon over the real thing. Voted-off idols the nasal guy, the curly-headed chubby guy and the first guy to go (oh, how quickly we forget) were in the audience.

And - at least at the rehearsal - Jordin sang Blake under the table.

As a bonus, Chris Daughtry performed. He is as dour in person as he seems but, hey, Chris Daughtry!

I wonder if I hadn't been doing this life list if I'd have taken the chance. I'm sure glad I did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you decide what's on your list? Do you have a list already decided on or do you decide the night before? Or in the morning? What is your method?

I love your book...and this blog!

JILL SMOLINSKI said...

Hi! Just thought I'd answer:

On this life list, I just make it up as I go along. Some days I plan things, other days it's 8 p.m. and I'm scrambling for something to do. What I've found to be amazing is how it makes me more aware all the time. Like today: I'd never have gone to the American Idol show if I wasn't doing my life list, but it was 11:30, I had no ideas for the day, and I thought, "what the heck." Thanks for your nice comments!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thats all.